Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The new year begins!

New Year's Eve 2006/2007. Three days. Two girls. One mission.

Linny Jane and I threw quite possibly the best party ever on New Year's Eve/New Year's wee hours. Having decided on the Thursday before that it would be fun to have a party and realizing we didn't know what any of our friends were doing, we took it upon ourselves to invite everyone we could think of to Linny's abode for some rolicking good times. And indeed we had a bloody awesome party, with much food eating, piano playing, noise making, movie watching, video game playing, chatting, musing, reminiscing, and hoping. Couldn't have wished for a better crew (or a better time!) for celebrating the promise of 2007.

There was decorating.
There was eating.


There was chilling.



And of course, there was partying!


The new year also brought me a new job, which I started today. It's probably not a good idea to gauge a job by the first day, but I still got a really good feeling. Our building is located in lovely downtown, right next to the Strand Capitol Theatre. I can walk past it on my way from the parking garage if I am thus inspired. I am not even a block away from an organic cafe, and I'm ten minutes from my favorite coffee shop.

Oh, the job itself? Well, I get to work in an office that has a (probably non-functional) fireplace!! I get my own desk and my own closet. Whee! Employees are not only permitted by encouraged to bring pictures, posters, etc. to personalize their space. The proofreading work is tedious, but I do rather enjoy furthering good usage throughout the world. I think it will be a good thing for me for right now. Besides, who knows where this may lead?

To celebrate this fantastic new job I bought myself a present: new guitar strings. D'Addario 80/20 bronze. It took me an hour after I got home from work and teaching to restring my guitar, but it is done. Why? So that hopefully long about March, I can start taking some lessons--something I've wanted to do since I was at least twelve. I've started teaching myself some VERY basic chords, mostly so I can accompany myself while I'm trying to learn a few new Irish songs, but I really want to learn to play at least modestly. Why not?

2 Comments:

Blogger Richard V. Rabil, Jr. said...

You get a fireplace??

Does your employer need any other editors? ;)

January 03, 2007 4:48 PM  
Blogger Anna Clare said...

Actually, Rich, I belive we are still hiring--you know, if you want to come and earn less than you do currently. ;)

January 11, 2007 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home