Friday, September 23, 2005

Such a day

It was a crazy day, followed by a crazy night; they definitely felt like two disjointed time periods.

First, I didn't fall asleep until about 2 am (insert me singing Anna Nalick here!) and then woke up around 7:30. I think that was probably the most sleep I've gotten all week--I have the wonkiest sleep patterns right now. I was so exhausted in my classes.

Hopefully those habits will be soon remedied, though... I resigned from my marching band position this afternoon.

I called Andy to tell him I needed to sit down with him and discuss a few things. A couple hours later, I found myself standing in his doorway saying, "I need to leave this position." He was shocked and disappointed, but he didn't really try to talk me out of it. He left me alone in his office to write up an official letter of resignation, and I had to make real effort to keep the tears from rolling down my face. When I actually signed it, I started crying. Andy discreetly ushered me out of the school, and bid me farewell with a reminder that I know where to find him and the kids. I got in my car and starting weeping without shame. As much emotional turmoil as accompanied that job, I did love the kids and hated to leave them. But it's better this way, for everyone--but especially for me.

After that, I tried to cheer myself by getting my baton for choral conducting. And cheer myself I did; Sarah and I both got $23 batons for $8. That made my day that much better.

I went to Mass tonight and am convinced I fell asleep at least twice. Yes, it really is possible to sleep while kneeling. I always wondered how that worked. Heh. Now I know.

Then I ended up spending three hours in the WVYC station talking to Nick Volpe and watching how he runs his radio program. He wants Nessun Trio Nome on there in a couple weeks, and I'm incredibly psyched. He's so passionate about what he does; it encouraged me greatly.

~~~

In other news, I fear that my plan to go to Boston and build flutes will be brought to naught. Powell doesn't seem to be needing new builders and Brannen straight up told me they aren't taking on anyone at this time. Bleh. Back to the drawing board.

~~~

I'm really glad that I gave up marching band, but I'm afraid that all my terrific time management skills will go down the toilet now that I'm not as crazy busy as I was. I felt like even though I had no time, I was at least using the time I did have well. Now that it's slightly less life-threatening, I really fear that I'll not use it.

~~~

Trio rehearsal is tomorrow at ten. I think I'll have breakfast out before that (diner or Dunkin' Donunts, mmm), and then I come home around noon to make lunch, do laundry, and throw myself into homework and practicing. Will I use that time wisely? I can only hope... Or I suppose, it's more like, yes, if I put real effort into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home