Friday, August 26, 2005

Introduction

I confess it: I am a compulsive blogger. I already own multiple accounts but felt compelled to create yet another one. I actually am rather intrigued by the idea of having an audience that I'm not yet acquianted with rather than one I already know well. My other blogs are kept largely for the benefit of friends, so they can stay abreast of what's going on in my life.

I don't enjoy that much anymore. I wanted to create a place where I could record my life and my thoughts--and if you choose to read this, may you find something you can take away from it. I felt like my main blog was losing a certain amount of authenticity: you put up what you think people will want to read. If you have an on-going positive or negative situation, your readers tend not to want to read that. Similarly, if you have a certain "image" assigned to you, people aren't comfortable seeing that shaken.

The truth is that I, like every other human being, am complicated. I have hopes and ideals that are somtimes contradictory. I have flaws that I like to hide; I have virtues that I like to exaggerate. My life isn't awful; it isn't perfect, either. Life isn't like the movies: we don't always have instantaneous turning points, nor do we "get the guy" at the end. Some days we fight while others we breeze through.

Let this be my "honest look" everyone so desperately needs in their lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home