Thursday, December 22, 2005

Let the Festivities commence!


Time for another photograph from the archives. This one is the statue of St. Joseph that watches over my family’s driveway—the one that I couldn’t get up when I came home for break yesterday in spite of three valiant attempts and a ton of stuff in the trunk. A lovely statue, at least.

So now that classes and commencement band are completely, truly finished, I can set about working on my own personal projects for break: a couple editings for The Edward Website, a couple writings for the same, brushing up on some Latin in hopes that Notre Dame will forgive me only having one year of Latin instead of three and still admit me into their Medieval Studies Institute, reading on the relationship between the Church and art in the Middle Ages, and so on.

I'm also working on a research study with one of my writing professors, studying the attitudes of high schoolers towards writing in high school and in college. It's been very interesting so far, even if somewhat slow in completing. One hundred forty surveys, each containging around sixty questions to enter. Long work, but rewarding.

I am also considering doing one more revision of this piece and submitting it to Latin Mass magazine for publication.

Merry and Blessed Christmas to all if I don't post again before then!

2 Comments:

Blogger Anatole Upart said...

Ms. Luther,
I just read about Asquith book "Shadowplay", about the alleged secter Catholicism of Shakespear. Your thoughts seem to support Asquith theses. His portrayal of women was more in line with earlier, "catholic" view of femininity. I would love you to expand this essay for the Latin Mass journal - it would be quite interesting to see it in the final form. Most amazing creativity and lots of health to you for the coming year. And the blessed Christmas indeed!

December 22, 2005 2:28 PM  
Blogger Anna Clare said...

Anchorite,

I initially wrote that essay two years ago as a final paper for a Shakespeare class and intensively revised it for another class this semester. I thought I was being original at the time, lol. I suppose for a secular college Shakespeare class, it was sufficently radical. The prof. seemed to reall like it.

I've heard of the Asquith book; sounds like I really need to get my hands on it!

December 23, 2005 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home