Sunday, November 27, 2005

Catholic Elan

Catholic Elan

This is my latest favorite blog; if you read nothing else on here, make sure you read "A Meditation on Silence" from Wednesday, November 23rd. This piece responds to a sorely debated question within the Tridentine Community--quite beautifully, if I might add. It's been bewailed time and again, with little change (and I'm as guilty as the next guy): the lack of silence in our lives, but more particularly in the Mass. Silence isn't bad. In fact, it's quite necessary to proper development of the spiritual life. We all could do with a little more of it!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Anna,
Silence is so important in my life. I find I am happiest when curled up with a good book in a silent room, or in an empty Church, just me and the Blessed Sacrament. With the way my mind works, I really need quiet to ponder the mysteries of the Church.
Unfortunately, I don't force silence upon myself nearly enough. But in a perfect world... :)

December 15, 2005 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home