Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving thoughts


I thought I'd share a little snapshot of my landscape. I've been going for walks since I came home for break, and, stumbling across this lovely sight, deemed it photograph-worthy.

I am never more thankful to observe the tradition of meatless Fridays than on the day after Thanksgiving when I "can't" eat leftovers. Ah, but that does leave more for the weekend--and the beginning of the next week.

The rest of break (i.e., tomorrow and Sunday) will be dedicated to working on my Rhetorical Theory paper (The Rhetoric of the Council of Trent) and my Choral Conducting paper (The Masses of William Byrd). The C.C. paper has hit a bit of a snag--my thesis originally was going to be that Byrd was influenced by Contintental contemporaries, illustrated with examples. However, my research has less-than-gently pointed out that Byrd's music really is unique because of its lack of outside influences. I'm not completely sure where the paper is going to go from here. I amassed a huge pile of resources, so that should make it easier to figure out a topic. But still, I would prefer a definitive thesis when the paper is due in a week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna Clare said...

I do indeed observe meatless Friday all year long, unless I'm ill or haven't eaten all day.

November 28, 2005 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home