Sunday, December 18, 2005

It's the Least Wonderful Time of the Year

The greater portion of my day was spent scrawling notes frantically for a History of England take-home final I'm trying to finish for Tuesday morning. Four hours later, my brain is much, but I think I now actually have a grasp on the evolution of the king/parliament relationship. Pisses me off to no end that my history professor has to bash every Catholic king that sat on the throne after Elizabeth. They may as well have been evil incarnate to him. I suppose I got him back in my own twisted way, though; every time the book would talk about "subversive papists" or some such nonsense, I made sure to sarcastically pipe up, "Gee, those awful, nasty papists; got to watch out for them," in the ensuing in-class discussion. Heh. Turnabout is fair play.

I have one final tomorrow--Advanced Composition--and then H of E is due Tuesday morning. Hopefully then I can begin to reclaim some brain cells and write more regularly and more coherently again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anatole Upart said...

It is ironic or maybe revealing that I had similar experiences in history classes back in the late 80-s in Soviet Union. Communist version of European history is somehow almost identical to the one in "progressie" Western democraties. Being Catholic in Belarus meant being in "opposition", and somehow I see myself retaining this position on the other side of Atlantic... :)

December 19, 2005 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home