Monday, September 24, 2007

Ten Things

I like memes. Especially when they're stolen from other people. Thanks, Linny Jane!

Ten things that make me laugh:
1. My sister's bad sci-fi stories
2. Lame musical puns
3. Other people laughing
4. My silly, strange friends
5. Witty writing
6. Little children
7. Surprises
8. Animals doing strange things
9. Lame verbal puns
10. Clever people

Ten things that make me cry:
1. Seeing other people upset
2. Crappy, slow databases
3. Disappointing someone I love
4. Not doing something as well as I know I could have
5. Frustration
6. Really amazing music (but they're happy tears)
7. Loneliness
8. Fear
9. Anger
10. Not knowing what to do next


Ten things that bring me joy:
1. Watching my students grasp a new concept
2. Words
3. Sewing with Linny Jane
4. Flute
5. Guitar
6. Collaborative music and writing
7. Dancing
8. Yarn--actually, fiber in general
9. A good conversation
10. Flowers


Ten things that inspire me:
1. Really awesome symphonic music
2. Gorgeous fabric or yarn
3. Fall weather
4. Open spaces
5. Bodies of water--the bigger the better
6. Tea
7. Art
8. Wildflowers
9. A good Irish band
10. Guinness--usually drunk with an Irish band :)

Ten things that confuse me:
1. Passive-aggressive behavior
2. Circular breathing on flute
3. Self-destructive behavior
4. Knitting socks
5. Corporate redundancies
6. The Baltimore mass transit system
7. The D.C. metro
8. My hair
9. Hypocrisy
10. Microsoft

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home