Thursday, September 20, 2007

A little materialistic, and a little bit earthy

There have been a few things on my brain lately that I would like to get if circumstances and finances would conspire to allow, but at least some of them (like number 2) are still a ways off.
  1. A bike for city travel/weekend adventures on the NCR.
  2. A dog.
  3. A MacBook.
  4. A spinning wheel.
  5. Really good walking shoes.
  6. Leather boots for winter.
  7. Awesome socks.
I've also been itching to get a few knitting projects on the needles (a long, wrap-around sweater-coat type thing and a shrug) and get a few skirts under the needle (a six-gore in some kind of cranberry microfibre and something in a lovely dark grey wool). Mind you that I haven't actually begun any of these yet. I'm just spending significant amounts of time daydreaming about them. Maybe I'll take my lunch break and wander over to the yarn shop that's supposedly near my office--or at least hit it up after work...

I am so glad that fall is here. Summer in the city was unpleasant at best and unbearable at worst. I really just wanted to crawl into a freezer and stay there for the duration. The past couple of weeks, though, the air has been less thick and much cooler. The breeze in the morning (and after dark) requires a jacket, wrap, or sweatshirt, and I am more than ready to pull these things back out of the closet!

Fall is always an interesting time for me. I feel very alive and awake in the fall in a way I don't in the summer--very creative, very restless (blame the Hungarian gypsy blood for that one!), very eager and aware. At the same time, the decrease in daylight depresses me, and fall can also be a bit of a struggle. Maybe if I give in unquestionably to the muses of creation and wandering, they'll help combat that. ;)

Right now, I'm getting particularly musically excited for Ash & Rowan's October 7th concert at my alma mater. I am flattered that they would invite us to come play and am curious to find out what it will be like to play in a setting so familiar but as something of an "outsider" now. I am really eager to go back home and perform.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home