Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Time

Inspired by LinnyJane's post on the subject.

It is a strange thing to go from having no time to having 'excess' time to fill.

My current favorite pastime is staring into space, followed closely by compulsively practicing guitar. The former needs to go, but the latter isn't bad at all. I now have the luxury of practicing an hour and a half to two hours a day, and I feel like it's paying off. I'm improving so quickly, and even my teacher is pleased with the progress.

I'm not playing flute quite as much because I really need new music. I started a list of pieces I want to buy and work on but the budget hasn't allowed for that just yet. Soon, I hope.

I am trying to convince myself that it's also okay to do things like knit and spin again now that I have time, but I always have the sneaking feeling that I'm supposed to be doing something else that I can't remember.

I suppose all this is to be expected with the upheaval of starting a new life. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Anatole Upart said...

if I do not forget to do it, I will scan for you couple of Belarusian folk tunes for flute that i wrote down in an old sketch book a decade ago.

July 23, 2007 1:15 AM  
Blogger Anna Clare said...

That would be wonderful!! Please do send those along if you get the chance.

July 23, 2007 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home