Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ethereal amusement

St. Anthony has long been the favorite saint and patron of my family. We run to him as a group and as individuals in times of sorrow, joy, desperation, hope, fear, desire, and just about everything else.

It was no surprise to me, then, that after weeks of lighting candles at his beloved shrine at St. Alphonsus--petitioning for things to work out for me to move closer to my new place of work--I found myself writing a check for a security deposit on a new place yesterday, on his most glorious feast!

Thanks, Anthony. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Edward said...

Nice!

I've always thought St. Anthony was the man. At least when I lost a thumbtack on the floor and suddenly remember him. ;)

June 14, 2007 5:37 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

Major congratulations. Now you just have to let me know where you will be so that I can give you your graduation robe when I'm back in July.

June 15, 2007 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home