Sunday, June 10, 2007

A haiku--and MindSprocket

I was trying to write an absurb haiku for the Drabblecast haiku poetry contest, and instead came up with the following, which is almost good.

Innocent ink pen
Pulses with potential lines
Full of joy and pain.
Why don't poems like that ever come on purpose?
In other news, MindSprocket issue #7 is out, featuring my first published fiction piece, an excerpt from the infamous novel/short story I worked on back in September when Linny Jane and I declared an early arrival of National Novel Writing Month. I'm really curious to know how people reacted to this piece, so if you have any feedback--good or ill--please comment here or fire off a message to magazine@mindsprocket.com.

4 Comments:

Blogger Edward said...

That's actually a really cool haiku... Well done :)

(Ya know, we do have an official e-mail addy: magazine@mindsprocket.com)

June 11, 2007 7:36 AM  
Blogger Anna Clare said...

Duly repaired. ;)

June 11, 2007 9:17 AM  
Blogger Anatole Upart said...

And with all the hours of novel-writing, coffee-sipping, haiku-inventing, you didn't grab a big brush and didn't draw a sumi ink illustration for the #7 issue! Oh my. :))

June 13, 2007 10:25 PM  
Blogger Anna Clare said...

Anchorite, that would be because my artistic talent begins and ends with stick figures. ;) Though I once sketched a really nice picture of a harp. That was an anomaly many years ago, haha!

June 15, 2007 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home