Sunday, November 11, 2007

Novelling (and one other thing)

There is a theory that we can accomplish any task--as long as it's not the one that has been set right in front of us. I'm finding that with NaNoWriMo. All of a sudden, with a daily word deadline of 1,667 words, I am discovering that gee, I should really start practicing guitar/flute/singing again. I amaze myself with my ability to pour over Bach sonatas (or guitar fingerings) again in an attempt to avoid working on my novel. Heh.

The real thing I'm running into right now with the novel is that I'm hitting the point where my characters are going to have to start making some decisions and growing, and while I'm writing random scenes (see this post), I really want to get back to writing linearly. I want to write the story I want to read, in the order in which I want to read it. Just got to keep slogging through, I suppose.

In case anyone is wondering, yes, right now NaNo is owning my life, and if I want to finish this year, it's only going to get worse in the coming weeks. ;)

And today is the five-year anniversary of my Grandpa Luther passing away, so requiescat in pace, Grandpa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home