Thursday, September 28, 2006

It's been a while

The "real world" has caught up with me at last!. Working 6:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., teaching from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., and gigging and rehearsing away my weekends, I've little time to do else besides work and teaching.

My novel has thus suffered. To my great disappointment, I am only at 10,000 words two days before the deadline. In my defense, I was writing by hand because my laptop died several months ago, but still, there have been others who made it work.

I do, however, plan to continue working on my sad, strange, twisted little opus, as I think it has vision and potential that could some day really become something. My personal goal is to have it drafted by the end of December (much more realistic).

Kudos to fellow Linny Jane for being so close to completion!! I have no doubt that she will finish it, and maybe if I'm lucky, let me read some of it. (Hint, hint.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey Charlton said...

I think I will let you read it, for I know that you would never be disappointed with anything horrible that I show you and am twistedly proud of.
And I don't think writing parties should cease at the end of the month...we do get a lot done when we are all working.

September 28, 2006 9:16 PM  
Blogger Anna Clare said...

I'm excited to see what you've done! And I definitely agree that the writing parties should continue past September. We're all writers with a ton of projects, so I see no reason to stop.

September 29, 2006 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home